|Main Performer |
|Accompaniment/Orchestra:||John Williams, Joshua Bell, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile, and Evelyn Glennie|
|Individual Works:||1. Sonata for keyboard in C Major, K.159 (L.104) "La Caccia"|
2. Two part invention for keyboard No. 13 in A minor, BWV 784
3. Children's Corner, suite for piano (or orchestra), L. 113 Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum
4. Mazurka for piano in F sharp minor, Op. 59/3, CT 88
5. Partita for solo violin No. 3 in E major, BWV 1006 Prelude
6. Etude for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 10/4, CT 17
7. Mazurka for piano in F sharp minor, Op .6/1, CT 51
8. Three-Part Invention (Sinfonia) for keyboard No.10 in G major, BWV 796
9. Souvenir d'un lieu cher, for violin & piano (or orchestra), Op. 42 Melody in E flat minor
10. Studies (5) for piano, Anh. 1a/1 Presto No. 1 in G minor after Bach
11. Suite for solo cello No. 1 in G major, BWV 1007 Prelude
12. Three-Part Invention (Sinfonia) for keyboard No. 15 in B minor, BWV 801
13. Allegro vivace a movimento perpetuo in C major for violin & guitar (or orchestra), Op. 11 (MS72)
14. Sonata for keyboard in D minor, K. 213 (L. 108) "The Lover"
15. Two part invention for keyboard No. 6 in E major, BWV777
16. Piano Sonata No. 14 in C sharp minor ("Moonlight"), Op. 27/2 Adagio sostenuto
17. Two part invention for keyboard No. 11 in G minor, BWV782
18. Variations for piano in C major on "God Save the King," WoO 78
19. Three-Part Invention (Sinfonia) for keyboard No. 7 in E minor, BWV 793
20. Allegro vivace a movimento perpetuo in C major for violin & guitar (or orchestra), Op. 11 (MS72) Bluegrass Version for banjo & guitar
|Comments:||Adam Dipert said:|
Amazing testament to Bela Flecks ability to take the banjo to a new level.
Buford Koechig said:
A clear demonstration of true talent. The banjo that has been not fully appreciated by those outside the typical circles (bluegrass, folk) is displayed in fine style.
|Acknowledgements:||Thank you to the following for submitting this recording and for your comments:|
- Adam Dipert
- Buford Koechig
|Date First Submitted:||12/17/2004|
|Purchasing:||Suggested Purchasing Sources|
Note: Inclusion in this database does not guarantee the availability of any recording. Some recordings may be out-of-print or no longer available.