Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach
|Main Performer |
|Soloists:||Nicholas McGegan, harpsichord & clavichord|
Lorraine Hunt Lieberson, mezzo-soprano
David Bowles, cello
|Individual Works:||1. French Ste No.1 in d BWV 812: Allemande|
2. French Ste No.1 in d BWV 812: Courante
3. French Ste No.1 in d BWV 812: Sarabande
4. French Ste No.1 in d BWV 812: Minuet I & II
5. French Ste No.1 in d BWV 812: Gigue
6. Aria,'Bist Du Bei Mir' BWV 508
7. Aria,'Willst Du Mein Herz Mir Schenken' BWV 518
9. Polonaise in g
10. March in D
11. March in E flat
12. Rondeau in b flat
13. Chorale, 'Wer Nur Den Liebe Gott Lasst Walten' BWV 691
14. 'Goldberg' Vars: Aria BWV 998,1
15. BWV 82: (Recitative, 'Ich Habe Genug'
16. BWV 82: Aria, 'Schlummert Ein'
17. Aria 'Gedenke Doch, Mein Geist' BWV 509
18. French Ste No.2 in c BWV 813,1-3 : Allemande
19. French Ste No.2 in c BWV 813,1-3 : Courante
20. French Ste No.2 in c BWV 813,1-3 : Sarabande
21. Prld No. 1 in C BWV 846,1 (From The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1)
22. Polonaise in G
23. Polonaise in d
24. Polonaise in g
25. Polonaise in F
26. Minuets (Da Capo))
27. Musette in A, BWV Anh.126
28. 'Menuet Fait Par M. Bohm'
29. Minuet in G, BWV Anh.116
|Record Label:||Harmonia Mundi/Classical Express|
|Catalog Number:||HCX 3957042|
|Total Playing Time:||74:20|
|Related Web Site:||http://www.classicalexpress.com/7042.htm|
|Comments:||Review by Jan Hanford:|
What's this? Exquisitely recorded and performed Bach for $5.98? Harmonia Mundi has released a treasure of wonderful recordings at a very very low price. I have no idea why but I'm sure glad they did. There are so few recordings of the Anna Magdelena Bach Notebook that this recording is enthusiastically welcome, at any price. Beautiful in all its details, this recording is a must have.
Jordan Sayers said:
As this cd has been out of print for awhile, it is good to see this low-price reissue. McGegan's recording is my second favorite (the Beausejour is #1). The tempo is slower than many of the other available recordings of this Notebook, allowing one to savor the pieces. Perhaps a little bit more ornamentation than I would like, but not excessive like Kipnis. A great companion to the Beausejour recording. For such a low price, one can't go wrong with McGegan.
|Acknowledgements:||Jordan SayersFrom the collection of Jan Hanford.|
|Date First Submitted:||08/13/2001|
|Purchasing:||Suggested Purchasing Sources|
Note: Inclusion in this database does not guarantee the availability of any recording. Some recordings may be out-of-print or no longer available.